Validate Certified Green Office Facility here using the Validation ID found on the Certificate
Recognizing and rewarding best practices in office facility sustainability and resource management
The Certified Green Office Facility (CGOF) certification from GCI is the industry’s benchmark to achieve. The CGOF is now an Asian and Middle East based certification and can be achieved by organizations with manufacturing facilities anywhere in the region. This certification from GCI supports, promotes, and recognizes offices that are engaging in sustainable practices.
CGOF is designed to provide verifiable evidence that an organization is not only claiming it follows (or plans to implement) green office facility best practices but that it has actually implemented them. Successful organizations can display their Award and use the Award logo within their corporate marketing material. The CGOF award (CGOF Titanium+, Titanium, Platinum, Gold or Silver) provides recognition to organizations that are able to demonstrate significant progress in maximizing the energy efficiency of their facilities from CGOF Silver all the way to those who meet the requirements for the CGOF Titanium+ award and may therefore be considered best in class.
The Titanium award rewards current Platinum certified facilities that has retain the status for 6 years or has demonstrated a full score attainable for Platinum level.
CGOF certified office facility operators have reaped benefits from the certification program. These benefits include:
- Unbiased evaluation of a contractor’s Green Office deployment work results
- Receive Carbon Credits for energy efficiency
- Receive advice and recommendations for energy efficiency improvement
- Harness 15% cost savings through low or zero capital expenditure
- Prepare for eventual carbon taxation
- Gain industry recognition and public acknowledgement for energy efficiency best practice
- Distinguish your organization as an industry leader in environmental sustainability efforts
THE KEY ASSESSMENT AREAS FOR THE CGOF PROGRAM
The CGOF Weighted Scorecard contains the key performance indicators and metrics used to evaluate a Green Office Facility.
The key assessment areas during the audit are:
- Waste & Recycling
- Printing & Office Supplies
- Food, Beverages & Dishware
- Sustainability Planning & Leadership
The CGOF program is a tier based certification and comprises 5 primary tiers, namely Silver, Gold, Platinum, Titanium and Titanium+. Certification is awarded upon fulfillment of the following requirements:
Office Facility has attained the minimum score required to achieve the respective tier levels –
Silver : 13 points
Gold : 39 points
Platinum: 75 points
Additionally, data center facilities can strive to achieve the coveted Titanium tier. The requirements are:
Titanium: 87 points or maintained Platinum tier for 6 years
Titanium+ : 95 points
CGOF CERTIFICATION FLOW
- Contact your nearest regional office or email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your interest to become a Candidate
- Register as a Candidate with the provided link
- Complete the Candidate Data Form (51 Criteria)
- Schedule an onsite walkthrough audit
- Receive certification once exercise is completed
CGOF CERTIFICATION FEES (PREPAID BEFORE AUDIT)
GCI Certification Fees are considered to be the lowest in the world ranging from US$2000 to US$3,000 depending on size and capacity.
Please note that additional travel and accommodation charges for regional based auditors may apply if no local auditors are available.
CGOF CERTIFICATION STATUS VERIFICATION
Every CGOF certified facility is allotted a Validation ID which is printed on the Award Certificate. Please visit the Contact Us Page to contact the Validation Officer directly with the Validation ID or at http://www.greenci.org/cgof.php